Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Chevron Baby Quilt

Modern Organic Chevron Baby Boy Quilt by Fabric Mutt

This little baby quilt was an absolute dream to make.

Modern Organic Chevron Baby Boy Quilt by Fabric Mutt

The pattern is simple to piece and quick to sew. I love the modern feel it has, even with the children's prints. You'll recognize my Bells & Whistles fabric audition from the other day with a few changes. I almost never finish a project using exactly the same fabrics I pull at the start. About half of these fabrics are organic, and I really appreciate the slightly muted colors which, for me anyway, also adds to the modern vibe. I enjoyed using the mix of low volume prints along with Kona white for the background. The binding is a typewriter key print from Type by Julia Rothman -- a fun take on an alphabet print -- and the backing is the yellow print in the center block which I picked up at the local Hobby Lobby. It was in the clearance section at a great price, and I just couldn't refuse.

Modern Organic Chevron Baby Boy Quilt by Fabric Mutt

I'll be handing this quilt off to my parents to deliver tomorrow morning to the expectant family, and I have to admit, it's going to be hard to say goodbye to this one. I might just need to make another for myself using some grown-up prints...

24 comments:

  1. are instructions available for this quilt? Or did I just miss them?

    thanks so much!
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s very pretty and I like the pattern.

    Have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely gorgeous! I love the pattern. I bought the same fabric you used for the backing a while ago at Hobby Lobby, and I paid full price :( but I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great pattern! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out just too cute!! Love the back too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a sweet quilt - what size is it? And great choice for the binding fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very cute! Nice fabric selections and the fun pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute quilt and lovely fabric selection. I especially like the bear with the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this one too!!! Great job Heidi!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this quilt is too cute. I love the pattern ...it's so much nicer than the regular charm square baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh!! This is SO cute!! I love the little bear print! What is that? I'd be sad to see it go too-definitely make yourself one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! The recipients will be so pleased... Your pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super, super cute. I can totally see a little boy dragging this everywhere. It's almost an I-spy quilt, with all of the detailed novelty prints you've included. Now I want to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its beautiful! I've been collecting low volume fabric so that I can make myself a quilt. I just love the look. And like you said, I like it against the kona white.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adorable! Love the mix of prints you used!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful baby quilt! I love that it's child friendly rather than childish :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is adorable -- I love the way it shows off the prints!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What size did your finished blocks end up? I really love the look of this quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...