Friday, February 7, 2014

April Showers Case

April Showers Mochi Dot Patchwork Case by Fabric Mutt

I picked up a great preschool quiz set at Costco last night which will be perfect for Bear, and you know what that means...a new case for me to sew! I've been sneaking glances at my April Showers layer cake for the past few weeks, just dying to make something with those lovely new prints. Today I finally broke them out and paired them with some luscious Momo Mochi Dots in Teal. I'm already planning to order more of these gorgeous linen prints in other colors.

April Showers Mochi Dot Patchwork Case by Fabric Mutt


The case has a cherry red zipper and is lined with a collage print from the Ecletic Elements collection. This fabric is such a fabulous neutral -- I have yet to find a print that doesn't look great beside it.

April Showers Mochi Dot Patchwork Case by Fabric Mutt

The four workbooks and star quiz pen all fit neatly inside with room to spare. I like that this case will grow with the girls. Later on it will be perfect for holding a sketch pad and art supplies. For now it's helping me keep school clutter at bay...and making me happy every time I see it.

11 comments:

  1. That's so cute. I also want to order some of those mochi dots at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, this is too cute! I need to learn how to see a zipper, so I can start making cute little bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute :-) I love that you manage to include what you love into your homeschooling programme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very nice Heidi! It is always so much fun to see what you come up with for your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty case. The fabric works really well. I love the newspaper print lining fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. I just love that fabric line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute Heidi! I love April Showers.
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heidi, I hope Bear enjoys all the fun things in her new April Showers case!
    Hugs all around,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! The teal coordinates perfectly with April Showers!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...