Monday, June 23, 2014

Graph Paper QAL Link-up #2


This week I made something that's been on my to-do list for at least two years: a desktop ironing board. I can't begin to tell you how much I love it. If you've been thinking about making one yourself, don't hesitate any longer. You'll absolutely love this handy little tool. There are several tutorials out there, but this is the one that I followed. I covered mine with one of my favorite prints by Melody Miller. It just makes the whole room a happier place.


I've reached the "sewing room floor = design board" stage of the quilting process. The picture above shows where I was last night (forgive the bad lighting -- it's so hard to get a good photo of this sort of thing). After a lot of debating, I finally decided to alternate colorful and low volume squares for my quilt. It's a simple look that I love. During my local quilt group's first Sit and Sew on Saturday, I sewed random pairs of squares together and then had fun spreading them out on the floor over the weekend. I'm hoping to have a quilt top ready to go in a day or two.

If you've finished your quilt top and are searching for some fun quilt backing inspiration, look no further than Pinterest. There are about a million and one amazing ideas to be found there. That being said, there's nothing wrong with pulling out a print or two and making a simple backing for your quilt. As always, make it the way you want it!

Link-up time! Share your own quilt progress. Show us pictures of your pincushion or patchwork wristlet. Tell us about another project you're making with patchwork squares. We can't wait to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...